December 30, 2021
5 minutes of reading
A plant-based diet, or a plant-based diet, is a plant-based diet consisting of vegetables, grains, seeds, fruits, etc. That doesn’t mean it. is that you only eat plants and do not eat meat or drink milk, but this is a food choice that is mostly derived from plants but ensures enough nutrients and minerals for the body.
Mediterranean and Vegetarian Diet
So what shows that a plant-based diet is healthy? Many nutritionists have studied plant-based eating patterns such as the Mediterranean diet or the vegetarian diet. The Mediterranean diet encourages the use of mainly plant-based foods, but also fish, poultry, dairy products, meat and pastries, but with less frequency. .
The Mediterranean diet is clinically tested and proven to help reduce the risk of heart disease, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, depression and some cancers (especially bowel cancer). cancer, breast cancer and prostate cancer), depression, reduce the risk of illness in the elderly, help improve physical as well as mental health significantly. Vegetarian diets have also been shown to support health, reduce the risk of developing coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and increase life expectancy.
A plant-based diet provides the protein, fat, starch, vitamins and minerals needed for optimal health, especially fiber. However, some vegans need extra vitamin B12 to better absorb essential nutrients.
Diverse vegetarian diet
Vegetarianism has many forms, you should choose the form that works best for you.
- Partial vegetarian diet or Flexible vegetarian Eggs, dairy products are allowed and sometimes meat, poultry, fish and seafood are added.
- Pescatarian Diet (Ethical vegetarian diet) allows for eggs, dairy products, fish and seafood, but no meats (cattle and poultry).
- Vegetarian (sometimes called a vegetarian) lacto-ovowhere Lacto means milk, Ovo indicates eggs) is a vegetarian diet that allows for eggs and dairy products, but excludes meat, poultry, fish and seafood.
- Vegan is a diet that does not include foods of animal origin.
8 ways to start a plant-based diet
Some tips to help you get started on a plant-based diet:
- Eat lots of vegetables. Half of your lunch and dinner servings should be plant-based, choose vegetables that are full of color. Eat and enjoy the taste of vegetables as a snack or snack.
- Change the way you eat meat. Eat less meat and only treat it as a side dish or garnish on your plate.
- Choose good fats. Vegetable fats are particularly healthy options, often found in avocados, olives, etc.
- Cook one vegetarian meal a week. Ingredients are mainly from beans, vegetables, whole grains and fruits.
- Start your breakfast with whole grains, oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat or barley, served with nuts and fresh fruit.
- Eat more vegetables. Start trying a variety of vegetables like kale, bok choy, spinach, and other greens every day. Steamed, grilled, braised or sautéed are all good options for preserving the flavors and nutrients in vegetables.
- Eat a salad for the main meal. Fill the bowl with salad greens like spinach, herbs, or red leafy vegetables. Add more vegetables along with beans, peas, or tofu.
- Eat fruit for dessert. A peach, a slice of watermelon or a crunchy apple will help satisfy your sweet tooth after a meal.
Suggest for all-day plant-based eating
Over time, you will get used to a plant-based diet. Here are some ideas to help you get started.
- Rolled oats with walnuts, banana and sprinkled with some cinnamon powder.
- Breakfast roll: Serve a whole-wheat tortilla with eggs, black beans, peppers, onions, cheese, and a splash of hot sauce.
- Whole wheat English muffins with tomatoes, fresh avocado and blueberries.
- Greek Salad: Chopped greens mixed with fresh tomatoes, fresh parsley, shredded cheese, extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Whole grain bread, watermelon for dessert.
- Tomato egg soup, cereal crackers with avocado and an apple.
- Vegetarian pizza topped with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, broccoli, onions, peppers and mushrooms. Fresh strawberries for dessert.
- Sandwich with slices of toasted tofu, quinoa and spinach salad.
- Whole wheat pasta with white kidney beans and peas, salad with cherry tomatoes mixed with extra virgin olive oil and apple/grape vinegar.
- Spinach salad and 1 chili.
The content posted on Watsup is for the purpose of supporting readers. Please carefully review the date of last update (if applicable) and do not use this information as a substitute for advice from your doctor or healthcare professional.