Technology of growing clean vegetables hydroponic methods are receiving a lot of attention today. This method not only can be grown on a large scale, but also has many advantages suitable for application with family vegetable gardens. Among them, the following outstanding reasons must be mentioned.
1. Can save the maximum area
Growing hydroponic vegetables does not need to use soil pots, so the roots are usually small. If you invest in hydroponic tubes, you can take advantage of space everywhere in the house from attics, windows to hallways, ….
The hydroponic tubes can be planted in many layers, so even a small corridor you can grow a lot of vegetables.
2. Not much time to fertilize
The technology of growing clean vegetables by hydroponic method does not require growers to water or spend too much time taking care of them. Because nutrients and water are supplied directly to the roots. For families who are busy with work and daily life, this is the best advantage.
3. Don’t worry about getting dirty
Vegetable Hydroponic is grown directly on hydroponic solution, so no soil is needed. You will not need to worry about your beloved vegetable garden dirtying your house. Especially, for places with high population density, where “land” is rarely seen like Saigon or Hanoi, the technology of growing clean vegetables by hydroponic method is very suitable.
4. Unaffected by weather conditions
Vegetables grown hydroponically can adapt to all weather conditions. Therefore, you can grow vegetables no matter where you are. This feature makes it easy to take advantage of every possible location in your home to grow hydroponic vegetables.
5. For high productivity
Hydroponic vegetables are grown and grown in an ideal, nutrient-rich environment. Therefore, hydroponic vegetables often have a very high yield and a larger size than conventional ones.
6. Clean and safe
The technology of growing clean vegetables by hydroponic method creates quality finished products, without using any of these fertilizers or pesticides. This vegetable is completely safe for health and does not contain any toxins or heavy metals. Because it is grown indoors, you can also pick it and eat it right away to ensure freshness.
7. Environmentally friendly
The hydroponic vegetable growing method is very environmentally friendly, helping the family to have a comfortable and fresh living space. Urban air will have more natural flavor in your own home.
Some hydroponic vegetable growing models can be applied to the family
When it comes to the technology of growing clean vegetables by hydroponic method, there are many models that can be applied. However, to apply for family scale, the following two models are the most popular.
1. Static hydroponics
Growing vegetables according to the static hydroponic model is to use a large volume of hydroponic solution and then grow plants on top. Normally, the plant holder is fairly light in weight and helps to keep the roots sufficiently submerged.
However, this model requires the use of a foam generator to provide oxygen to the plants and cannot be applied to all vegetables. Static hydroponic model with an area that can hold enough tanks and has a relatively low cost, taking advantage of many old tools such as tanks, old tanks, ….. This is a very suitable planting method for families in countryside.
2. Hydroponic vegetable growing model according to the reflux system
Instead of using a fixed hydroponic solution, a reflux hydroponic vegetable growing system has a pump to control the amount and flow of the solution. Accordingly, the hydroponic solution will be pumped in and then withdrawn periodically.
Vegetables grown in this model avoid waterlogging because the roots are not always submerged in water, creating space for the plants to breathe. There are many families applying this model to grow clean vegetables, especially those in urban areas, lacking green trees.
Some things to note when applying the technology of growing clean vegetables by hydroponic method
Although there are many outstanding advantages, suitable for growing at home, the application of clean vegetable growing technology by hydroponic method also needs to pay attention to many problems.
– Hydroponic vegetable growing system cannot grow plants with large and perennial roots. Therefore, when choosing this method, you can only grow vegetables, some short-term fruits such as peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, ….
– Although it does not take much care, the initial investment cost for a hydroponic system is much higher than that of conventional vegetable growing. Materials such as nutrient pump, storage tank, nutrient solution, frame, truss, …. It will cost a lot of money, so you need to consider the economic issues when implementing.
– No matter which form of vegetable growing you choose, you need to be equipped with appropriate professional knowledge. In particular, hydroponic vegetable cultivation requires a specialized solution as well as a separate system, so growers must have knowledge about this issue. Accordingly, knowledge of plant varieties, nutrition, knowledge of sanitary installation of systems, etc. are most necessary.
The application technology of growing clean vegetables for the family is becoming more and more popular, especially the hydroponic method. Although there are many limitations, this will be a great suggestion for those who want to have a clean vegetable garden at home.