Amazing uses of star fruit that you didn’t know
For a long time, star fruit has been an image associated with Vietnamese culture and soul. Not only is it very popularly grown, but star fruit is also present in many folk songs, fairy tales, etc. Star fruit (sour star fruit and sweet star fruit) is always associated with the childhood of many people and is still grown in many places. all over the country. You only think adults grow star fruit for fruit or ornamental purposes, but they also have many great uses. The following article will help you better understand the effects of star fruit.
Learn about star fruit
Star fruit tree belongs to the group of woody plants, depending on the type of star fruit, the height of the trunk will be different, some up to 7m high. The trunk of the chair tree has many branches and there are branches located very low. Perennial star fruit trees, the bark on the trunk is often red with many lumpy markings. Compared with perennial plants, star fruit’s roots do not grow too deep. The average length of the roots is only about 1.5m.
The leaves of star fruit are compound leaves, bright green in color. Each leaf is tapered. Particularly, star fruit flowers are usually purple-pink and grow in beautiful clusters. Because star fruit grows at the top of the base branch in the blooming season, it looks very beautiful.
Star fruit flower and fruit seasonally, every spring, star fruit will start to bud and then flower in the summer. The peak season for star fruit is in late autumn. This is a tree with a high rate of fruit, sometimes up to 70% of the number of flowers.
Classification of star fruit trees
Currently, star fruit is mainly divided into 2 main types: sweet star fruit and sour star fruit. If star fruit is often planted behind the house for shade because of its tall trunk and wide canopy, sweet star fruit is planted in front of the house because of its small and beautiful shape.
The biggest difference between these two plants is the taste of star fruit. As the name suggests, the fruit of star fruit has a very sour taste and is often cooked and combined with other ingredients while still green. And sweet star fruit will be preferred when the fruit is ripe because of its succulent sweetness.
In addition, these two types of star fruit also have different characteristics such as sweet star fruit with a smaller body and drooping branches. The leaves of sweet star fruit are also smaller and thicker than those of sour star fruit. During the flowering season, the sweet star fruit has a pinkish purple color and the sour star fruit will have a slightly dark red color.
What is the feng shui meaning of star fruit?
The reason why star fruit is loved by many people is because this golden fruit tree also brings many auspicious meanings. As we have seen, a mature star fruit tree always has bright green branches, wrong fruit trees and yellow ripe fruit. This represents prosperity, abundance and full of luck. Growing a star fruit tree in the house will bring a lot of wealth and money to the homeowner.
The effect of star fruit
Star fruit has many uses for human health, including the following uses:
– Starfruit helps to clear heat and quench thirst. If used correctly, you can take advantage of this fruit to relieve inflammation, loosen phlegm and eliminate leprosy. According to Oriental medicine, star fruit is average, has the ability to diuretic. Using star fruit juice will help eliminate cough, treat mild nasopharyngeal diseases such as rhinitis, sore throat, ….
– The stem and peel of star fruit have a sweet, slightly acrid taste that is effective in the treatment of chronic headaches, osteoarthritis pain, pain caused by gastritis, …
– Leaves star fruit is a remedy for many familiar skin diseases such as boils, urticaria, … If you have allergies, painful urination, vaginitis, … you can also use star fruit to relieve pain. According to many recent studies, star fruit is also a very effective blood sugar-lowering remedy.
Almost any part of the star fruit tree can cure diseases. Star fruit is often used by the ancients to eliminate cough, tonify the kidney, and to remove waste. Common diseases such as cough, fever, dysentery, … can also be used to treat this flower. Boiling about 12 grams of star fruit with ginger juice and drinking it every day is a familiar folk remedy. Many people even soak star fruit flowers in hot water to drink to cure diseases.
Some things to note when eating star fruit
Although there are many health benefits, eating star fruit also needs to pay attention to the following to avoid affecting health. Accordingly:
– Do not eat star fruit on an empty stomach, it will be very easy to have stomach pain, causing stomach ulcers because star fruit has a sour taste and contains a lot of acid.
– Do not eat too many star fruit at one time, especially sour star fruit.
The results of many studies indicate that star fruit also contains caramboxin toxicity, which can cause poisoning. In particular, people with diabetes or on dialysis need to abstain from eating star fruit.
The star fruit tree really brings a lot of effects as well as meaning to human life. Growing a star fruit tree in the house will help you get the most benefits, especially with health, right? Not to mention the star fruit also tastes very good and is easy to make into many Vietnamese dishes.