Piglets after weaning their mother’s milk start an independent life. So where is Pig farming techniques children so that they grow healthy and grow disease-free. Here are a few experiences that we want to bring to you.
Pig breeding technique
Currently on the market there are many types of pig breeds for people to choose from: super lean pigs, purebred pigs, crossbred pigs… However, experts recommend that we choose pigs with a high lean percentage. form, choose the ones with long body, slim belly, big butt. Avoid choosing dwarf pigs, saggy belly, short people.
The barn for raising pigs should have a high ground position that is not flooded to ensure drainage and waste drainage. The barn area should be far away from residential areas and ensure that there is a water source nearby to flush the pigs regularly.
Technology of raising pigs for meat
Normally, people often divide the technique of raising pigs for meat into 2 stages:
- Period 70 to 130 days old: at this stage, pigs usually weigh from 23 to 60 kg and people need to adjust their diets to ensure 17 – 18% crude protein, providing from 3100 to 3300Kcal.
- Stage 131 to 165 days old: at this stage, pigs will gain weight from 61 to 105kg and the diet needs to be adjusted from 14 to 16% Crude Protein, providing from 3000 to 3100Kcal.
In particular, in both stages of livestock production, farmers need to balance the amino acid composition and long-chain unsaturated fatty acids. This technique of raising pigs for meat is most suitable for high-level, medium-sized and large-scale breeding models.
Notes on pig feed
- Feed pigs with concentrate first, raw food for later
- Feed pigs according to standards, do not overfeed
- Divide the ration into several meals for pigs to eat neatly and just enough each day.
- Practice the habit of eating at the right time for pigs to improve the ability of the digestive system to absorb nutrients.
- Do not dilute food more than 1: 1 . ratio
- Ensure adequate drinking water supply for pigs
- Avoid sudden changes in the pig’s diet
- Regularly monitor the feeding status of pigs to detect problems early to overcome
Disease prevention in pig farming
For livestock production in general and pig production in particular, disease prevention techniques cannot be ignored because disease is the biggest risk that can cause damage to the whole herd of thousands of pigs.
It is necessary to vaccinate pigs after birth about 8-10 weeks with the vaccines recommended by the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock. In the next 15-20 days, it is recommended that people get vaccinated again. Diseases related to the digestive tract, helminths can use some drugs: Dipterex, Tetramysone or Levamysone …
Above are the techniques of raising pigs for meat to help people boldly expand their scale to improve economic efficiency. Happy successful people!