Banana trees have a short economic cycle, low investment, and uncomplicated techniques. Besides, the banana consumption market is increasingly expanding for fresh and processed products. Therefore, growing bananas will bring high efficiency to producers. Here is the technique of growing pink pepper bananas.
Preparing the land for planting
– Suitable for many lands
– Grows well on alluvial soil, light flesh, multi-colored sand
– Low-lying, poorly-drained land must be raised in high beds
– Dig a hole: 40cm long, 40cm wide, 40cm deep
– Distance between holes: from 2m – 2.5m
Fertilizer for 1 hole
– On average, a banana tree needs about 20-25kg of rotting manure, 0.8-1kg of protein, 1-1.5kg of phosphorus, 2-3kg of potassium in 1 year.
– Fertilize all manure, phosphate + 0.1kg nitrogen + 0.1kg potassium. The first time after planting 1-1.5 months, combined with weeding, plowing around the root. Apply 1/2 amount of nitrogen and 1/3 of the remaining amount of potassium, 30-40cm from the root.
– Apply the second time after the first time from 1.5-2 months. Apply 1/2 of the remaining nitrogen and potassium, 1m from the root.
– Apply the third time with the remaining amount of nitrogen and potassium when the tree blooms, apply 1.5-2m from the root. It is recommended to dig 4 holes around the root, fill with fertilizer 7-10cm deep, apply fertilizer when the soil has 70-80% moisture.
– When bananas bloom for 15-20 days, white nylon bags can be used to cover the chamber to limit pests.
– Tissue culture plant variety: A variety that is produced and propagated completely in a laboratory that fully meets the prescribed standards.
– Varieties separated from the mother plant:
Has a height of 70cm -1.2m, straight body, free from pests and diseases, and has been technically processed
Planting density and spacing
Planting density varies depending on the soil, climatic conditions, varieties, planting methods, level of intensive farming, labor capacity and business cycle of the garden.
With conditions in the delta, the appropriate planting density is: 1.8 x 1.8 m, equivalent to 3,500 trees/ha.
– Autumn crop: August, September, October
– Spring crop: February, March
After planting, it is necessary to compost the plants and water them to keep them moist so that the plants can take root quickly.
– Dig a mixture of soil + manure in the hole
– Remove the plastic bag
– Put the banana root in the middle of the hole, both shallow, deep, vertical tree
– Fill in the ground, stomp lightly with your feet
– Water enough right after planting
– After the banana blooms about 10 to 13 bunches, break the corn. – Pillars support the banana chambers to avoid wind and storms.
Banana gardens need to be regularly cared for to ensure good growth, early flowering and high yield.
During drought, less rain needs to be irrigated. Pay special attention to the period when the plants differentiate and flower (after planting 8-10 months) until the fruit is full. According to the calculation of 1ha irrigation from 30 – 63 m³/ha/day (depending on specific conditions to ensure 80% of the moisture holding capacity of the soil).
– Pruning sprouts, setting buds and cleaning the garden
In the hot and humid period, the mother plant has many shoots, it is necessary to prune and re-designate 1-2 new shoots and control the density in the orchard, regulate the growth of mother and child plants. The setting of shoots must be done regularly by mechanical means or the use of chemicals.
Simultaneously with pruning, setting buds need to carry out cleaning such as cutting off dry leaves, diseased leaves, cutting off male flowers, covering the chambers with perforated PE bags, weed control, opening drainage ditches for the garden…
– Fertilize bananas
The nutritional requirements for bananas are quite high, especially potassium and nitrogen fertilizers are factors that greatly affect not only the growth time, fruit yield but also
quality, the ability to transport and store the fruit.
The amount of fertilizer for 1 tree is as follows: Nitrogen 100-200g, phosphorus 20-40g, potassium 300-400g; 5 – 10kg organic fertilizer, applied before planting.
The time and method of fertilizing can be divided into the following phases:
+ Fertilize before planting: Apply organic fertilizer and 1/2 phosphorus + 1/4 potassium.
+ 2nd application: 2 months after planting, apply 1/4 nitrogen, 1/2 potassium, shallow fertilizer, lightly plowing on the surface combined with root incubation.
+ 4th time: Fertilize fruit with 1/4 nitrogen, 1/4 phosphorus and 1/4 potassium.
Fertilizers after application need to be buried to avoid loss due to oxidation. Organic fertilizers can be applied in the trenches, priming. The amount of fertilizer can be divided into fewer batches, but it is necessary to pay attention to the post-harvest stage, flower differentiation and fruiting. In addition, they also supplement the plants with micronutrients by applying them directly to the soil or spraying on the leaves together with plant protection drugs.
The bases for determining the fruit harvest point are:
– Based on fruit morphology such as color, fruit shape and fruit knob.
– Based on fruit index: between fruit weight (g) and fruit length (cm).
– Based on the viscosity or firmness of the fruit through specialized meters.
– Based on the time of flowering to harvest: 2.5 – 3 months.
– The time of harvest depends on the market, the distance from the place of planting to the place of consumption
After cutting the chamber, people should put it in a cool place to drain the plastic in 2-3 days. Use a sharp knife and scissors to make a pot with earthenware or oval leaves + burn black incense.
In addition to income from bananas, growers of late pink pepper also have regular income from banana leaves, banana buds, banana peels and other short-term overlapping agricultural crops (soybeans, peanuts, squash, etc.).