Dragon fruit is a crop that brings high economic efficiency to farmers. In recent years, Vietnam’s dragon fruit export turnover has increased significantly. So dragon fruit growing technique How to be productive? Follow the information below to get the answer!
In our country, dragon fruit is grown mainly in the central and southern provinces such as Binh Thuan, Dong Nai, Vung Tau… With the gray soil mixed with sandy soil, it is very suitable for dragon fruit to grow. develop. You just need to prepare a little manure to fertilize, then cover with soil and place cuttings.
For localities with low terrain and alkaline soil such as: Long An, Tien Giang, etc., it is necessary to improve before planting dragon fruit. You should remove all weeds on the land and then plow it thoroughly in the dry season. Then add higher soil to avoid the situation of dragon fruit being flooded in the rainy season.
Choosing good varieties
Want to grasp dragon fruit growing technique For high yield, you need to know how to choose varieties. Standard dragon fruit branches have an average lifespan of 1-2 years, about 50-70cm high. Body dark green, stout, no pests or dents. In addition, the eyes in the thorny cluster should be fine and have good sprouting ability.
After you have selected the varieties you like, you choose a cool, dry place to put them. Wait until the seedling begins to take root, then plant it. The average time is 10-15 days in favorable weather conditions.
Effective dragon fruit growing techniques
Going through the process of improving the land and selecting varieties, you begin to plant dragon fruit. The process is as follows:
- Step 1: Place the seedling around the four sides of the pole. Depending on the economic conditions and preferences of each family, you can choose wooden or concrete pillars. The distance from the ground to the roots is at least 0.5cm to avoid root rot when submerged.
- Step 2: Adjust the seedling so that the flat part of the branch touches the plane of the pillar.
- Step 3: Use a light tie around the seedling to create stability.
- Step 4: Water the root, then cover with a light layer of straw to retain moisture for the plant.
Instructions for care
Outside dragon fruit growing technique Care is also essential. Thanks to a reasonable care regime, dragon fruit meets the standards in both quantity and quality. The fruit is ripe, round, plump and not damaged by pests. Since then, it has contributed significantly to improving the economic life of farmers.
Fertilize dragon fruit trees through different stages. In the first year, you fertilize at the beginning of planting and 6 months later. Periodically, only need to apply chemical fertilizer once a month on average.
Step into the next year, when the tree is in the growing stage, you proceed to increase the amount of organic fertilizer. At the beginning and the end of the rainy season, fertilize the plants with about 20kg of manure. With chemical fertilizers, the dosage remains the same as the first year. Until the dragon fruit has set fruit, the care mechanism continues to be adjusted. NPK fertilizer ratio 3:1:2, 2:3:1, 2:1:2 or 1:1:1 helps dragon fruit have the best quality.
Some notes when growing dragon fruit
Currently, many families have been successful with the dragon fruit growing model. Many farmers have become millionaires in their homeland. Here are some important notes when growing dragon fruit:
- Planting time: Localities with dry weather and lack of water should plant dragon fruit in May-June of the solar calendar.
- Tree density: Dragon fruit loves sunlight, so it should be planted with a reasonable distance, each pillar is about 3m apart.
Above is dragon fruit growing technique The most detailed information is shared by experts. Apply this model immediately to earn hundreds, billions of dong every year. Good luck!