Breeding banana flower in a cement tank is a model that attracts the attention of farmers today with the advantages: easy to raise, fast growth and attractive profit. However, if people do not understand the technical process, the economic efficiency will not be as expected. Here, AgriSearch.net will introduce details to you banana fish farming techniques commercial products in cement tanks. Do not rush to miss the content of this interesting article.
Build a cement tank
- The aquarium should be built in a rectangular shape, the optimal area is from 15-20m2. It is possible to build separate or continuous farming tanks for easy care and harvesting.
- The wall is 0.8m high. It is necessary to smooth the background and walls about 0.5m high to clean the tank easily and avoid scratching the fish.
- The bottom of the tank needs to be flat and sloped towards the drain to make it easier to drain the water every time you change the water.
- There is an overflow pipe to stabilize the water level in the tank. Water supply and drainage lines are placed on two symmetrical sides.
- The aquarium should be built near a clean water source to facilitate frequent water changes.
- For newly built tanks, it is necessary to deodorize the cement water before raising fish. People can take fresh banana stem, cut off the head and root, peel off each layer and drop it into the tank, pump water to soak. After soaking for 5-7 days, take it out and then rinse it with clean water a few times.
- For old tanks, people use to raise banana flower fish, they must clean the water before raising them.
- The northern provinces start stocking from March to April of the solar calendar, harvesting from September to October of the solar calendar.
- Southern provinces can be farmed all year round.
- Because banana flower has an accessory respiratory organ, it can be raised at a high density, averaging from 30 to 80 fish/m2.
- Choose to buy seeds from reputable establishments. The fingerlings have a size of about 4-5 cm/fish, uniform, not scratched, not infected.
- It is recommended to release the fingerlings in the early morning or evening to avoid shocking the fish.
- Before stocking, the fingerlings should be bathed in 2-3% salt water for 5-10 minutes. If the place that sells the seeds has already been bathed in salt water, you don’t need to bathe. After bathing the fish, put the fish in the aquarium. If you enter the seed in the morning, you will feed the fish in the evening, if you enter the seed in the afternoon, you will be fed the next morning.
Banana flower fish is an omnivorous fish. Can raise banana flower with industrial food or fresh animals such as trash fish, shrimp, frogs, frogs, crabs, snails.
Diet for fish:
- Homemade feed recipe: 70% trash fish puree + 25% soybean meal + 3% digestive enzymes + 2% micronutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- If raising banana flower with industrial bran, it is necessary to practice feeding the fish from an early age and not to eat live food while training to eat bran.
- Feeding time: Feed 2 times a day in the morning and afternoon. Regularly monitor the growth rate of fish to adjust the amount of food accordingly.
- Periodically add Vitamin-C, digestive enzymes, betaglucan to fish to enhance resistance.
Water change mode
Due to the small area, the food for banana flower has high protein, so it is necessary to change the water in the aquarium regularly.
- In the first 3 weeks, people change the water every 2-3 days if feeding industrial bran. If feeding live animals, change the water every 2 days.
- From the 4th week onwards, change the water once a day.
- By the end of the month, change the water twice a day.
Note: It is recommended to change the water in the morning or afternoon.
- If feeding fish with industrial food, the time from farming to harvesting is 4-5 months.
- If you feed trash fish, you can harvest the first litter in 5-6 months. Harvest time is within 1.5-2 months.
- Do not feed fish 1-2 days before harvesting to limit fish death during transportation.
Above is information related to banana fish farming techniques we would like to send to you for reference. With the content of this article, I hope you can build your own standard banana fish farming model.