Turkey has been in our country for a long time, but some people are still quite new to this pet. Agrisearch.net would like to introduce to farmers Technique of raising pheasant chickens – turkey with the most interesting points. Farmers do not rush through this article.
How to build a barn for pheasant
The chicken coop is the place to protect the health of the pheasant, so you need to follow the right techniques to ensure success in raising the pheasant breed. Please note a few issues as follows:
- People should choose to raise chickens in a high place, the land is not waterlogged, there are few ponds and lakes.
- Around the coop, there should be many trees with shade and a lawn to be suitable for grazing as well as to help chickens eat grass, eat insects and insects here.
- People should also choose the appropriate direction of the chicken coop to keep the chickens healthy when living there. Let’s build the coop facing the East to help the chickens receive the warm morning sun and avoid the harsh sunlight in the afternoon and afternoon.
- Turkeys naturally like to sleep in high places, so people need to make the chicken floor high, not flooded or stagnant water in the rainy months. Therefore, people should make many ditches to help water drain more easily. At the same time, if the chicken coop is too humid, it will also cause many bacteria and germs to have the opportunity to infect chickens.
- If raising pheasant breeds on the ground, people should be coated with cement or lined with bricks and knitted lining to facilitate cleaning. To prevent chickens from getting cold when sleeping, people should also use dry straw to line the floor of the cage with a thickness of about 15 cm.
Pheasant Chicken Feed
- People note that when raising chickens with Loi, with chickens from 1 to 2 days old, you should feed the chickens with pureed corn.
- When chickens are from 3 days old, they feed the chickens with a mixture that ensures 22% crude protein.
- From week 1, feed chickens with feed weight from 20 to 30g/chick/day.
- The second week increased weight from 42 to 50g/head/day.
- 3rd week from 60g to 70g/head/day.
- The fourth week increased from 80g to 100g/head/day.
Chickens should be fed 4 to 5 times a day so that fresh food is not left over, causing rancidity.
With chickens, relatives should add about 20% crude protein and energy should reach about 2,800 to 2,900 Kcal/kg of feed. People can mix natural food or use mixed food and ensure adequate nutrition balance.
In the stage of adult pheasant, you can add green vegetables to the chicken.
When the chickens are from 9 to 28 weeks old, with the pheasant breed, the chickens are fed crude protein from 16 to 18% and the metabolic energy ensures 2,800 to 2,900Kcal/kg feed.
During the reproductive stage, people need to feed crude protein from 18 to 20% and metabolic energy from 2,800 to about 2,900Kcal/kg of feed. Supplement chickens to eat more protein, minerals from fish, shrimp, green vegetables.
Make sure the chickens drink enough clean water every day and change the water regularly.
Care and prevention for chickens
Cleaning cages and farms
In the process of raising Lei chickens, people also need to strictly follow the process of cleaning the chicken coop. As follows:
- Clean feed and drink troughs for chickens every day, do not let them get dirty.
- Change the trough for clean chickens every day.
- Need to clean up food spilled on the floor.
- Please sweep all aisles in the chicken coop clean to prevent pathogens from entering the area we raise.
- People also need to pay attention in disinfecting the tools in the chicken coop such as turtle cart, brass, basket, broom, shovel to ensure hygiene.
- Not only cleaning, people should remove the stench because the smell will be harmful to the health of the chickens on the respiratory tract.
- Periodically, the people raising the Lei chicken breed also need to disinfect the clean barn, clear it and clear the drains…
Chicken vaccine plan
When raising pheasant, people also need to pay attention in making the best vaccination plan for chickens. As follows:
- When chickens are from 3 to 5 days old, people should instill eyes and nose for chickens with Newcastle vaccine strain F.
- When chickens are 7 days old, people vaccinate their chickens against chickenpox.
- Chickens from 8 to 10 days old need to give Gumboro vaccine to chickens.
- 21 days of age is the time when people prevent Newcastle disease Lasota strain for chickens by mixing it with food or giving chickens to drink.
- Chickens are from 23 to 25 days old is the period of booster vaccination with Gumboro vaccine for chickens.
- If chickens are from 30 to 45 days old, people should vaccinate chickens against septicemia.
- Chickens over 60 days old is the time when people are vaccinated with Newcastle strain M and 6 months later, give them a booster shot.
We hope that with the amount of information we share about the technique of raising pheasants. Farmers will be more confident when building their own business pheasant farm. Thank you for your interest in following the article.