Currently raising papaya is considered a way to get rich for many farmers. Introduce Techniques for raising tortoise to grow up fast for your reference. If this is your parenting direction, don’t hesitate to take a moment to read our article.
Preparing the pond
The environment of soil and water plays an important role in determining the speed and disease of the three brood. The soil and water are infertile, the content of N, P, and K in the soil and water is low, which is very suitable for raising turtles. Therefore, the mountainous and midland provinces are better at raising tortoise than the plains.
To raise turtles with good results, the first important thing is to build a pond suitable for the living conditions of the turtles and manage the rearing of the turtles.
The construction of ponds for raising turtles must meet the following main technical requirements:
– Ponds should be built in a quiet, discreet place, not covered by the police, easy to drain, not flooded, with an independent water source to ensure clean water supply.
– The pond area is wide and narrow. Pond for raising three parents from 100-200m2/pond, the largest should not be more than 400m2. The pond for raising turtles is from 100-200m2/pond, the largest is not more than 1,000m2.
– Suitable depth (from the bottom of the pond to the top of the bank): The pond for raising three parents is from 1.5-2m, has a regular water level of 1.2-1.5m, hot and cold times. Add 20-30cm deep water. The ponds for raising turtles are from 1.5-2m, with a regular water level of 1-1.2m. During hot weather and cold season, the water depth is 20-30cm deeper.
– There is a place for them to rest in the water and on the shore; there is a fixed place for the three to eat for convenience. The surrounding area must be built with a shaved edge to prevent the three from going beyond.
The farming season starts from the end of March to the beginning of December. From mid-December to the end of February, the water temperature is below 18°C, sometimes below 15°C, the turtles do not eat and do not grow. The fastest growing March is from May to October.
Ba Ba flowers are raised in the central and southern provinces: they almost eat all year round, grow continuously and spawn all year round, due to the year-round warm climate without cold winters like the northern provinces. In this region, the water temperature of the ponds in three-thirds of the year fluctuates mainly in the range of 24-32°C, rarely below 22°C or above 33°C. Places with good water supply conditions can control the water temperature in the most appropriate range from 26-30°C.
The trio eat animals, catch static prey, not animals that chase prey. All kinds of minced fish and shrimp for feeding must be cleaned of viscous, new blood and dropped into the yard or feeding platform, to avoid rotten and contaminated water in the pond.
Focus on active feeding for the three parents from June, 7, 8, and 9 for the fat tortoise, forming eggs, overwintering and then laying in April, the quality will be good, the hatching rate is high. . The best food today is still fresh minced sea fish for feeding, trash fish of lower quality. In addition, worms and snails must be added. Particularly for three varieties, the best food is worms, boiled catfish, fed twice a day.
Prevention for dads
The following preventive measures should be taken:
- Be careful when choosing to buy a tortoise to raise, avoid buying a diseased tortoise. Do not let them bite each other, scratch each other’s backs, excrete urine on each other, and suffocate each other while catching and transporting from the place of purchase to the place of farming.
- The pond needs to be cleaned up before releasing the tortoise. Newly built ponds and tanks need to be soaked in water many times to clean, test the pH to 7-8 or try to drop them to see if it is safe to officially release them all. The father brought him to the house, so he took a bath and disinfected before releasing. Use salt water concentration of 3-4% or 1-2ppm malachite green solution (1-2g/m3 of water) for 15-20 minutes to remove parasites and parasitic fungi. If you see skin bleeding, you should bathe with antibiotics to prevent infections that cause ulcers. Usually use Chloramphenicol or Furazolidone at a dose of 20-50ppm (20-50g/m3 of water) to bathe in a basin or tank from 30 minutes to 1-2 hours depending on the severity of the injury and observe the tolerance of the three.
- Pay attention to change the water, do not let the pond water be black, do not have a dirty smell. The pond is dense, the water must be changed in the summer, it is best to change 20% of the water in the pond every day, it is advisable to remove or suck the bottom water layer because this layer of water is dirtier than the water on the surface. The pond density is sparse, the water is full, the water color is always green, and the young bananas in general do not need to change the water. In case the pond water is dirty but difficult to pump, it is difficult to have enough water to replace, it is recommended to disinfect the pond water every 20-30 days by sprinkling powdered lime with the amount of 1.5-2kg lime/100m3 of water divided into 2-3 days. , every day sprinkled on a pond part.
- Pay attention not to make the pond bottom sediment dirty, at the end of each farming season or before the farming season, it is necessary to treat the dirty sandy layer at the bottom of the pond and disinfect it thoroughly. The usual way is to drain the water, sprinkle powdered lime or quicklime on the mud surface with 10-15 kg of lime per 100m2 of pond bottom, stir well and dry in the sun for 1-2 weeks, then put clean water into the pond, check the quality. water before releasing the tortoise. In the case of small ponds and tanks, the volume of mud and sand is small, so replace all the new sand and mud.
- Actively prevent watery mildew disease by hanging malachite green medicine bags in the feeding area, 5-10g each bag, the drug gradually seeps into the pond, when finished, change another bag. It is also possible to sprinkle the drug directly into the pond with 5-10g/100m3 of water, once every 15-30 days. The most important is done at the transition between winter and spring, between autumn and winter, with prolonged low water temperature of 15-22oC.
- When they see that the turtles are sick or suspected of being sick, they should be locked up separately for monitoring and treatment, and at the same time taking measures to strengthen the sanitation of the pond environment to prevent the healthy ones from being infected.
We look forward to the information we share. Farmers will be able to build a fast growing, high-yielding, and profitable model for themselves.