Soil for growing roses in pots Is it any different from the soil for growing roses in the garden? How to know the most suitable ratio of potted soil? We invite you to follow the article to learn more about this topic!
Soil for growing roses in pots
You need to mix Tribat soil and Song Gianh soil. However, you can completely replace it with other types of soil that are easy to find, as long as it ensures 3 conditions: porous, rich in nutrients and well drained.
Tribat soil is smooth, light and porous; The main ingredient is coconut fiber mixed with nutrients. Therefore, the nutrient composition is not high because after a few times of watering, the nutrients will disappear.
Song Gianh soil is suitable for strong and water-loving plants because of the large amount of clay in the soil. However, Song Gianh soil contains many nutrients because it mixes a lot of rice husks.
Choose a pot of roses
A pot with a diameter of about 35cm, a height of 30cm is the most suitable for growing roses to help the plant have good drainage as well as develop a full root system.
Planting roses in pots
– Put a layer of charcoal and then large coir at the bottom of the pot. This layer helps create ventilation for quick drainage when watering, but the coir layer holds water at the bottom of the pot to help the plant get through the hot summer.
– Mix Tribat soil and Song Gianh soil in a ratio of about 50:50. At this time, you also mix fertilizer at a ratio of about 1/4 – 1/3 compared to the soil. You pay attention to stir evenly so that the soil is as even as possible. If you want the soil to be more porous, you can also mix rice husks to make the plant grow faster.
– The first layer of soil put into the pot, you should press your hand to make the soil layer tight. The second layer of soil just needs to be planted in the pot.
– Plant the plant in a pot and add more soil to cover all the roots. A high soil layer about 4-5cm from the mouth of the pot is suitable.
– After planting, you can apply root stimulant. When fertilizing, pay attention to read the instructions to know the appropriate dose as well as apply far from the root to prevent the plant from burning.
– When the plant is too small, only water it thoroughly for the first time and wait for a few weeks, until the soil is really dry, then water again. If the soil is too wet, the plant is prone to waterlogging and does not take root.
– Place the plant in an airy corner and in a sunny spot.
Prevention of common diseases in rose plants
Pests of rose plants
Pests of roses are usually tree fungi, which grow extremely quickly leading to the tree to quickly die, need to be observed when you look at flowers and play with flowers. In addition, red spiders, white spiders, thrips, caterpillars, snails … are also extremely dangerous enemies, which we can directly observe with the naked eye.
In case white spots appear near the top or under the leaf surface, it is a mealybug, use your hands to remove the clinging leaves or destroy the white spots. If the planting area is large, it is necessary to consult the place of sale of plant protection drugs, which are suitable drugs that are not toxic to the environment and human health.
Powdery mildew disease
The disease is powdery white-gray, the disease affects the young leaves, the leaves and the cotton neck, the disease develops very quickly, causing the leaves to deform, the stem is dry, the buds are few, the flowers often do not bloom or even die. Score 250 ND can be used with a dosage of 0.2 – 0.3 liters/ha (10 ml/a bottle of 8 liters), Anvil 5SC with a dose of 1 liter/ha.
Black spot disease
The lesion is round, indeterminate, light gray in the center, black around the edges. The disease usually destroys on the leaves of Banh Mi, the lesions appear on both sides of the leaves, causing the leaves to turn yellow and fall off in bulk. The drug to prevent disease is Daconil 500 SC 25 ml / 8 liter bottle; Copper oxychloride 30 BTN 70 g / 8 liter bottle, Anvil 5SC 12 – 15 ml / 8 liter bottle.
The disease is yellow-orange or rust-colored spots, formed on the underside of leaves, the disease causes the leaves to dry, burn easily, fall off easily, small flowers, stunted plants, insecticide is Kocide 10-15 g/ 8-liter jar , Vimonyl 72 BTN 50 g/bottle of 8 liters, Daconil 500 SC 25 ml/bottle of 8 liters.
Roses grown in a place that lacks sunlight, plants that are watered too much or where the air is humid for too long are often the causes of this disease.
How to treat rose disease: First, you must isolate the plant from other rose plants or from other climbing plants if possible. If this disease is left for too long, the aphids will eat all the chlorophyll of the plant, making the plant unable to grow and die.
First, you take cardboard or hard plastic to gently scrape all the aphids in each position (pay attention to scrape all the places where there are aphids or else it will spawn and reproduce). When you shave, remember to catch all those aphids and then burn them or the aphids will reproduce and spread to other plants.
At the same time, you buy psoriasis aphids to spray for all diseased roses and other rose plants, if any, according to the instructions on the package.
With this disease, you do it as soon as possible so that the tree is not affected, causing the tree to die, unfortunately.
Verticillium wilt disease
The tops are wilted but still green, the lower leaves are yellow, at night they can recover but after a few days the tops also turn yellow, then brown, wither and die, often starting to die. down from the top. The flowers have black streaks along the length of the petals.
Severe disease during the summer when the weather is dry, roses grown outdoors are less susceptible to this disease than roses grown in greenhouses.
Cause: Caused by the fungus Verticillium albo-atrum Berth, the attached spore is a transparent spherical cell that is attached to the meristematic spore branches. This fungus is transmitted through tissues, grafted eyes during tissue transplantation.
– Prevention: because the source of the disease persists in the soil for a long time, before planting, it is necessary to disinfect it with chemicals such as 3% formol or with some pesticides such as Basudin… However, this disease is very difficult to prevent for roses grown outside. copper with a large area.
We hope that with the content of this article you will understand more about how to prepare soil for potted roses. To update more information related to rose land, don’t forget to follow Agri more often!