Fertilizers are divided into two main types: organic fertilizers containing nutrients from organic compounds and inorganic fertilizers, also known as chemical fertilizers. Each type has its own advantages, but it is not a coincidence that NPK fertilizers are so interested by many farmers. In fact, just understanding the right nature and using the right amount, at the right time, this fertilizer brings very high efficiency in cultivation. The following article, we will help you find out the information surrounding NPK . fertilizerdo not miss it.
What is NPK fertilizer?
NPK fertilizer is an inorganic fertilizer, also known as a chemical fertilizer, which is widely used.
Of the form mixed manure NPK fertilizers should contain at least 2 of the 3 main chemical elements N, P or K or more. Besides, NPK fertilizers may have some other secondary and microelements such as calcium, magnesium, sulfur, zinc, copper.
In which: N is the symbol for the element nitrogen, P is for phosphorus and K is for potassium, all three of these nutrients are necessary for the growth and development of each plant.
If you pay attention, you will see on the packaging of each NPK fertilizer that there will be different N, P, and K ratios connected by dashes. This is the number that represents the nitrogen content in % Nitrogen, phosphorus in % P2O5 and potassium in % K2O.
Each type of soil needs to be improved and plants will be suitable for different percentages, so buyers need to pay attention to choosing a reasonable NPK fertilizer.
Classification of NPK fertilizers on the market
NPK fertilizers are divided into 2 main types, both of which are widely used in agriculture and horticulture:
- Mixed NPK fertilizer: is a fertilizer produced by mixing N, P and K materials together
- Complex NPK fertilizer: is a fertilizer produced by the chemical action of N, P and K materials.
On the market, based on the form of granules, people are divided into 3 types of NPK fertilizers that are most commonly traded:
- 1 grain NPK fertilizer: the main materials are SA, DAP, potassium and urea finely ground and then mixed together in an appropriate ratio
- 3-color NPK fertilizer: the main raw material is cloudy urea nitrogen, phosphorus is DAP and potassium is KCL mixed together in a given ratio, cheap but easy to absorb moisture, so it doesn’t last long.
- Complex NPK fertilizer: the raw materials are nitric acid and phosphoric acid, which decomposes phosphate ore, contains high phosphorus content, dissolves quickly in water and improves bad soil, provides nutrients and helps plants fight pests and diseases.
How to use NPK fertilizer to achieve high efficiency?
With essential nutrient elements, NPK fertilizers bring many benefits:
- Improve and increase soil fertility
- Supplement necessary nutrients, stimulate plant growth, fast flowering and fruiting
- Increase resistance, help plants fight pests
- Increase yield and quality of crops
However, to ensure efficiency, farmers also need to know how to use NPK fertilizers in farming properly. Here are some commonly applied NPK fertilizers:
Fertilizer to improve soil
About 1 week to 10 weeks before planting, people often cultivate the soil to improve the bad soil and help the soil increase its fertility.
First, people will use powdered lime sprinkled on the soil to desalinate and sour with a standard amount of about 15kg of powdered lime for a stir-fry, then clean the garden. Next, use NPK fertilizer with the amount of 25-30kg for each stir-fry to fertilize the soil to increase nutrients.
When priming, people often put fertilizers deep into the soil layers and then bury the soil, cultivating normally.
Irrigate NPK for plants
In this method, people usually dissolve NPK fertilizer with water in the right ratio specified on each type of fertilizer. Then use a hose with many small holes to evenly water the plants to stimulate leaves, flowers, fruits and fight pests.
To ensure effectiveness, watering should be done in the afternoon after the sun has turned off to avoid leaf burn, slow growth or plant death.
When using NPK fertilizer as a primer or for irrigation, you must wear protective gear to ensure your own health and safety.
In addition, should choose to buy NPK . fertilizer from leading quality and reputable manufacturers in our country to ensure the highest economic efficiency. Wish your crops are always bountiful when accompanied by NPK fertilizer!