Currently, aquaculture and especially lobster farming is being noticed by many people because of its high economic value. Lobster is delicious, rich in nutritional value and is a commodity with high export value.
In our country, the provinces that focus on large-scale lobster farming can be mentioned as: Khanh Hoa, Ninh Thuan, Binh Thuan, etc. Here, Agri would like to suggest you to read high efficiency freshwater lobster farming techniques.
Freshwater lobster farming tank/pond
– If it is an aquarium, the tank must have a bottom area of 100m2 and each side of the square tank is about 10m, the round tank is 1.6m deep and about 5.7m in diameter. Tilt 5% towards the outlet on the bottom, pump the treated water into the tank (level 1.4m)
-If it is a farming pond, choose a place where the pond is not too deep, 1 to 1.5m deep and has a drainage and aeration system. The pond must have a certain slope at the bottom, the pond should not leak, and the support systems should be stable.
Select varieties to raise lobsters. What is the most reasonable density of lobster?
When raising lobsters, the stage of lobster breeding is equally important, this stage is decisive to the success of the farming process as well as the productivity efficiency and economic value of shrimp.
– Should choose local shrimp varieties to be able to meet the living conditions and habitats of lobsters. Restricting the transport of lobsters weakens shrimp.
– Should choose lobsters that are caught completely naturally without using explosives or other fishing chemicals.
– Choose shrimp with fresh color, no scratches, full body parts and harmonious balance. Note to avoid shrimp carrying disease.
– Choose lobsters of the same sex and of the same size to raise in the same cage
– If rearing from the small lobster stage, it must be reared and then filtered and reared as usual.
Food when raising lobsters
Freshwater lobster farming can use organic humus or corn flour, bran meal. In addition, you can use trash fish such as catfish, scallops, and crabs. Choose fresh and wash with salt water, cut fish horizontally with the body, slices 1-2cm long.
Then wash once more with normal and then feed shrimp, can be refrigerated to feed many times. If you are in the process of raising small lobsters, the meat needs to be cut very small and carefully boned, then refrigerated to feed many times.
Care when raising lobsters
– Indicators that need to be measured regularly: dissolved O2. pH of tank/pond, concentration of H2S, NH3, NO2, NO3.
– Change the water every 15-30 days to keep the tank clean, but only change about 30-50% of the remaining clean water.
– Replace all with clean water about once every 60-90 days, pay attention to clean the bottom of the tank, if it is a pond, remove the residue.
– Regularly observe lobsters to detect abnormalities, if any, to handle the disease in time, to avoid prolonging it for too long.
In addition to the points mentioned above, there are many other things that farmers have to learn and experience for themselves in the process of shrimp farming. Lobster is not difficult to raise, but relatives should not be subjective, so be careful, the results will be very successful.
See also: Black tiger shrimp farming, a golden opportunity to improve economic efficiency