Thai Na tree is a new variety with good growth and development ability, high yield, good quality and good pest and disease tolerance, high drought tolerance. and suitable for the northern climate of the country. ta. Seedlings have a height of 30-40cm – Fruit weight from 0.5kg to 1kg.
The percentage of seeds is very small (accounting for about 20% to 30% of the seeds compared to the existing na dai variety in Vietnam) Not only are the fruits large and beautiful, but Thai na dai is also satisfied by both sellers and buyers when it has an aromatic taste. bold sweet. The owner of the fruit shop said that Thai na Thai is very popular with customers in Hanoi because the fruit is large, sweet, looks very beautiful, but to eat, it is also much more abundant than regular na. Because for normal na, 10 new fruits are 1 kg but many skins and stalks while Thai na has large, thick flesh and few seeds, so eat more.
1. Selection Criteria
– Sowing seeds: choose large, delicious fruits, the main crop is in the wrong tree, the fruit is outside the canopy. Before sowing, lightly beat the shell to crack or rub in a sand bag to thin the shell.
– Grafting eyes or grafting branches, the tree bears fruit faster and more evenly.
2. Season and Planting Density
* Planting season: – The appropriate planting time is early spring and can last until August, September.
* Planting density: Na should be planted with high density, each tree occupies an area of 2x3m.
3. Tilling And Digging Planting Holes
– Digging holes: Planting holes are prepared 2-3 months in advance, 0.5m deep, 0.5m wide, square, rectangular or round.
4. Base Fertilizer
– Fertilize each hole 20-30g of rotting manure + 0.2kg of superphosphate mixed with soil, incubated 2-3 months before
5. Technique of Growing Na Thai Tree
Plants are planted in the middle of the pit, the pot is placed horizontally with the ground (do not plant deeply, causing root suffocation, poor growth), watering, pressing the roots, maintaining humidity 70 -80%.
6. Techniques for Caring for Na Thai Trees
6.1 Routine care techniques
Watering: it is necessary to provide enough water for the tree, especially in the dry season, when the fruit is growing and when the fruit is about to ripen. Weed control: Cover the base of the tea with grass, garbage, green manure… to limit weeds; swishing after every heavy rain. Weeding spring crop in January-February and autumn crop in August-September, plowing the entire area once/crop; hoe the roots 2-3 times a year.
6.2 Trimming and shaping techniques:
– Watering: During the period when the plants are young, they need to be watered all year round to provide enough water for the young buds to form and develop. Especially in the first time after planting, watering needs to be maintained every 3-4 days. Later on, the number of waterings will be less, but must maintain regular moisture for the soil area around the root, use rotted straw, dry grass to store around the base, cabinet the canopy with a radius of 0.8- 1m, and leave the area 20cm away from the root to limit insects, nesting insects, and root damage.
Weeding: Weeding needs to be carried out regularly, depending on the characteristics of each area, we have different appropriate weed treatments, dry the grass and then store it around the base of the tree.
6.3 Fertilizing Techniques for Na Thai Trees:
In the first 3 years, it is necessary to fertilize a lot of nitrogen to grow good stems and leaves. Apply NPK ratio 2:1:1. Fertilize once every 1-2 months when the weather is wet and rainy. Each tree is fertilized with 0.1-0.2kg of urea + 0.05-0.1kg of potassium + 0.2-0.5kg of superphosphate, 30-50cm from the root. Manure fertilize 30-50kg, 50-60cm from the base into two symmetrical niches (east-west or south-north).
7. Pest Control For Na Thai Plants
– Less pests. However, care should be taken to prevent mealybugs, which are very common in gardens with little care. When Na has no fruit aphid clinging to the underside of leaves, it is easy to recognize in the waxy white color and the white tassels around her, multiplying there. When there are fruits, they cling to the fruit to suck the sap, from the time the fruit is young to the ripe, often in the gap between the two zones because the peel is thin here, not only losing the beauty, difficult to sell, but also reducing the quality. quantity due to the pale taste.
– Treatment with drugs: Supracid, Bi 58ND, Applaud, Mipcin… Spray at the end of the crop, when there are no more fruits. When there are fruits, spray both on the fruit and on the leaves. When the fruit is about to ripen, do not spray anymore, to avoid toxicity to consumers.
8. Harvest and Storage
The sign of ripe Na is white appearing in the interstitial spaces between the two eyes, and these interstitial spaces are full, the apex is low (Na opens eyes). In some varieties, cracks appear and in the “Na bo” varieties, cracks appear. Should be lined with fresh leaves, dried banana leaves so that the fruit does not close together, the peel is broken and dark, the code is bad, difficult to sell. After picking, it should be transported immediately to the place of consumption because when it is ripe, even if it is na dai, it is still easy to break.