Biological insecticide is a “benign” product, which can kill insects but does not pollute the environment, ensuring the health of farmers. In the past, spraying pesticides has always been a dangerous and toxic job, if exposed to chemicals in pesticides too much can cause diseases for humans. And sprayed fruits and vegetables do not guarantee quality. Therefore, biological pesticides have been born with many advantages, besides certain limitations, let’s find out now!
What are biological pesticides?
Right from the name, it clearly shows the characteristics of this bio-pesticide. Derived from biology, this pesticide is highly appreciated for its safety and effectiveness. Biological pesticides, also known as organic pesticides, are recommended in agriculture to destroy agents that are harmful to plants (fungi, pests, etc.).
There are 2 types of biopesticides, in which:
- Microbiological pesticides: The main ingredients are very environmentally friendly such as algae, microorganisms, fungi, protozoa…
- Herbicides: Extracting toxic substances found in plants to kill pests and diseases, found in garlic, onions, peppers, etc.
Farmers believe in using bio-pesticides for crops
It is not natural that biological pesticides are a safe choice for plants, because they are made from nature, so they are very environmentally friendly and do not affect human health. Contains only a very small amount of toxins compared to chemical pesticides, but can kill pests without affecting beneficial natural enemies, without harming insects that help pollinate plants.
Another plus point that makes farmers believe in using chemical pesticides is their ability to decompose quickly, without adversely affecting the environment. Using this insecticide is considered a natural way to kill insects, without affecting beneficial organisms and helping to balance the ecology. Indeed, what comes from nature is the best!
Besides the advantages, bio-pesticides also have some limitations. It is the ability to prevent pests, if chemical pesticides work quickly and immediately, chemical pesticides are somewhat slower. In particular, the preservation of biological pesticides is also more elaborate. But with practical benefits, these limitations are not worth much, biological pesticides are still a safe choice of farmers.
How to make bio-pesticide
In addition to finding biological pesticides on the market at different prices, you can save money by making your own. The method is very simple, the ingredients are also very easy to find. Materials can be found in nature but not all types can be used. Should choose plants and fruits with strong, pungent, spicy taste … that increase the effectiveness of killing pests and diseases.
Bio-pesticide made from garlic
The main ingredient of this recipe is garlic, as we all know, garlic is a natural medicine that kills a number of fungi and diseases not only in plants but also in animals. The way to do it is very simple:
- Step 1: Prepare 3 garlic bulbs and then peel them
- Step 2: Crush or crush finely, pour in and soak with 2 cups of water for 1 day
- Step 3: Filter the residue, dilute it with 4 liters of water to be used.
Note: Do not use chemical fertilizers in the process of spraying garlic-based biopesticides, which may reduce the effectiveness of the drug.
Bio-pesticide made by soaking method
We have heard about soaking wine to drink, soaking wine for massage, but now it is still possible to soak alcohol to make pesticides. Preparation materials: 1 kg of garlic, 1 kg of ginger, 1 kg of chili, 3 liters of wine. How to do it is not difficult:
- Step 1: Crush the 3 prepared ingredients
- Step 2: Pour the pureed ingredients into the soaking jar, pour the wine and then seal it in a cool place
- Step 3: Wait for 15 days and then dilute it to be able to use
From the above materials, other methods can be used such as boiling or squeezing water. The method is very easy, just boil the ingredients or extract the water from the above ingredients and then dilute it to be used.
Biopesticides made from water pipe
Waterpipe tobacco is too familiar, but few people know that it can be used as an insecticide. What we need to do is:
- Step 1: Soak pipe tobacco in warm water for 1 night
- Step 2: Filter the water, add 1 tsp of dishwashing liquid
- Step 3: Mix with 4 – 8 liters of water and then spray on sick leaves, stems, and stumps.
Bio-pesticide made from eggshells
When finished using eggs, do not hesitate to throw away the shells because they are very useful in killing pests. The eggshell will form a protective barrier for the tree from pathogens such as pests, bugs… The method is incredibly easy, just crush the eggshell but not too small and then spread it on the stump or mix it with fertilizer. to destroy pathogens.
Not only has the effect of pesticides but also provides nutrients such as essential minerals for plants. When preparing biological pesticides, it is possible to take advantage of dishwashing liquid, soap, house cleaning water … No cleaning ingredients will harm plants, on the contrary, it also helps to kill pests and increase the adhesion of the drug. . So, you can rest assured to use, but you should choose a reputable and genuine washing water to bring the best effect.
How to spray bio-pesticide properly
- Wear protective gear to ensure your safety
- Choose a sprayer so that it is reasonable: electric, machine-made, aircraft sprayers…
- After spraying, you must clean the sprayer, protective gear, and do not throw things into the canals, ditches, etc.
- Spray at the right time: it’s shady and it doesn’t rain
Notes for effective use of biological pesticides
- Although it is safe, it is still necessary to wear protective equipment and essential items
- Biopesticides are effective against plants with mild disease or only for preventive spraying
- Do not mix biological pesticides with chemical pesticides, do not mix biological pesticides together
- If the disease on the tree is more severe, combine the use of chemical pesticides
- Do not use biopesticides in cooking
Preservation of biological pesticides
Biological pesticides are preserved more strictly because they are made from nature, not in direct sunlight, in a cool place, herbal medicines must be used immediately because they are easily damaged.
See more: Drones spray pesticides